For Premedy brand ambassador, Sarah Davidson, supporting her health is a top priority. As a firm advocate of holistic health, which encompasses all the things that affect our physical, emotional, mental and social wellbeing, Sarah strives to support her everyday health by embracing all aspects of her environment.
Sarah’s approach to holistic health is particularly shaped by her commitment to a healthy diet, exercise, and many other healthy lifestyle factors. She aims to achieve a sense of balance in her otherwise busy world, but with a heavy workload and travel schedule, she equally understands the importance of preparation.
Sarah’s overnight protein oats recipe is just one example of how good planning can support a healthy, balanced diet. The recipe features oats, and results in a synbiotic rich in lactic acid bacteria and beta-glucan prebiotics. Synbiotics are a combination of prebiotics and live bacteria, while prebiotics are non-digestible food fibres that can provide food for the bacteria in the colon.
Another feature of the recipe is chia seeds; a natural source of omega-3 fatty acids, a range of soluble and insoluble fibres, proteins, vitamins, minerals and natural antioxidants. Protein is also added to the mix, along with Greek yoghurt, long known for its potential to contain live bacteria. Maple syrup and Himalayan salt are included, along with blueberries, blackberries and raspberries, which contain a range of macronutrients such as vitamin C and folic acid.
To provide additional support, she also adds her high strength sprinkle. On the morning of consumption, Sarah adds a serve of Premedy High Strength Probiotic, containing 15 strains of naturally sourced probiotics to increase beneficial bacteria in the gut; support a healthy digestive system; healthy bowel function; and general health and wellbeing.
All in a day’s… or an overnight’s work. Why not get ahead with your own preparation and consider Sarah’s overnight protein oats recipe? It’s quick, easy, and packed with goodness.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop protein powder (30g | 1.1oz) (vanilla or unflavoured)
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt.
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1-2 tbsp pure maple syrup.
- Pinch Himalayan salt.
- 1/2 cup frozen berries (we used a combination of blueberries, blackberries and raspberries)
- Add all dry ingredients to a mixing bowl. Mix together well.
- Tip into a jar or bowl of your choice.
- Add wet ingredients and either stir well or if using a jar, put the lid on and shake until well mixed.
- Put in the fridge overnight.
- Just before consumption, sprinkle one serve of Premedy High Strength Probiotic and stir through.
- Enjoy with frozen, fresh or melted berries on top.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.